Oxford, in partnership with YOU, DRUM, HUISGENOOT and iSchool Africa, last year changed the future of 12 schools forever by rewarding the heroes among our educators with an iPad lab, Oxford textbooks and resources, and training that has profoundly enhanced the quality of education at their schools. Now we’re gearing up to do the same for more schools in 2014. If you know of someone making a difference in the lives of learners every day, we want to know about it.
How to nominate a Teacher for Change:
- Anyone may nominate an educator. The nominee could be from a primary, high, special needs, private or public school.
- In 300 words, provide specific reasons why the teacher deserves to win and why they should receive iPads for their class.
- Email Shane.Barnard@huisgenoot.co.za, or mail it to YOU/Teachers for Change, PO Box 6492, Roggebaai, 8012, or fax it to 021-406-2937.
What teachers and schools can win:
- An iPad lab worth R150 000, containing 20 iPads and their covers, with Wi-Fi and a 16GB memory, a Macbook Pro laptop and a multi-adaptor, a projector and an iTunes budget.
- An iPad for the teacher to use in the classroom and at home, courtesy of iSchool Africa.
- Teacher training on how to use the iPads.
- Schools and teachers become part of the iSchool Africa iPad community and the Oxford Focus School project.
- R85 000 worth of textbooks, reading books, study guides, atlases and dictionaries are supplied after a needs analysis by Oxford University Press.
To find out more, go to: https://you.co.za/teachers-for-change/.