Many students find writing exams very stressful, but this need not be the case. If you ensure that you are prepared, not only academically, but also practically and emotionally, you are well on your way to succeeding. We have put together some tips for you on preparing for an exam:
Before the exam:
- Set up a revision schedule and stick to it. You can read more about how to do this here.
- Make sure you understand what content the exam covers and how the questions will be asked – if you are not sure, ask your lecturer before you start studying.
- Know where and when you are writing the exam (and how to get there) at least two days before the exam.
- Get enough sleep and look after your health.
- Pack your bag the night before; remember your pen, pencil, eraser, ID document, student card and any other documents your college requires.
On the day:
- Ask a friend or family member to check that you are awake on time.
- Eat a good, healthy breakfast.
- Leave early enough to get to the exam venue on time.
- Read through all of the questions and choose the ones you are most comfortable answering and answer them first.
- Keep an eye on the time – plan so that you have enough time to answer the questions.
- Read through your answers before handing in your completed exam paper.
- Stay calm!
All the best in your studies!
#teamtvet #tvetcollege #classroom #examtips